Friday, January 1, 2010

Final Creative Project: Poem

I wrote a poem from Ron Franz's point of view about Chris McCandless.

“Could Ever Something Be So Hard?"

Could ever something be so hard?
I thought my life was trying
When I was in the army.
And then that news around 1958;
I never thought I could, but I hate
The evils that alcohol can do.
Ha: and then I became an addict too!
Yes, it would be right on the dot
To say that I was in a difficult spot.

But then I met “Alex Supertramp”
In that weird old hippies’ camp.
I liked that boy right from the start.
He seemed real nice and extremely smart.
We started spending time together;
I helped him make a belt from leather.
He went on trips, taking just his pack
And I would miss him until he got back.
I asked him if I could adopt him as my grandson:
“We’ll talk about it when I get back from Alaska, Ron.”
And then he left—my, was it hard.
He did, however, send me a postcard
And told me to get out of Salton City.
I did, and oh my, was the landscape pretty.
I waited for him to return, good-as-new,
But then I learned the truth, in 1992.
I renounced my god and started to drink
But I didn’t die, and so I think:
Could ever something be so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment